Also known as nice cream, a milk-free banana ice-cream tastes and looks like ice cream, but it’s healthier than normal ice-cream! The icing on the cake, so to speak, is the crunchy peanut butter granola.
BLUEBERRY DELIGHT2 bananas 80 g fresh blueberries 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA1 teaspoon coconut oil or other neutral-tasting oil 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar 70 g plain granola 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Peel and slice the bananas. Put them in a reusable MiniGrip bag, for example, and freeze overnight.
- Prepare the granola too, because it becomes crisp as it cools.
- Mix the frozen bananas, blueberries and spices in a food processor or a powerful blender until the mixture resembles soft-serve ice-cream.
- Serve the nice cream with peanut butter granola or enjoy as such.
Peanut butter granola:
- Put the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a pan and heat until the sugar begins to melt slightly.
- Then add the granola, cinnamon and peanut butter and roast in a hot pan, stirring all the time, until the ingredients have been mixed and it smells wonderful.
- Allow to cool, as the granola will become crisp as it cools.
- Serve the granola with blueberry nice cream or as such.