Carrot is a vegan paste that surprisingly tastes like salmon. Spread the paste on, for example, island bread. Serve at the Christmas table.
Carrot strips:2 large carrots 2 teaspoons of smoke flavouring 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar 0,5 tsp salt
Paste:300 g of fermented oatmeal 1 red onion 1 teaspoon salt 0,5 tsp lemon pepper + fresh dill
- Peel the carrots and cut them lengthwise with a paring knife.
- Place the chips in a steamer or in a colander over a saucepan and steam under the lid for about 30min until the carrot chips are fully cooked.
- Put the carrot chips in a container with a lid.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the carrots.
- Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Finely dice the red onion and finely chop the dill.
- Put all the ingredients for the paste in a bowl with the carrot chips that have marinated overnight and mix well.
- Check the taste. Add salt if necessary.