Ingredients:1 pack of green lentils (230g) 2 small carrots 1 onion 3 cloves of garlic 60 g walnuts or sunflower seeds 60 g chickpea flour 60 g oatmeal 2 tbsp flaxseed meal 6 tbsp water 2 teaspoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons tomato puree 1 tbsp tahini 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika powder 1 teaspoon oregano 1 teaspoon thyme 1 teaspoon basil
- Mix water and flaxseed meal and set aside to steep for at least 10min.
- Chop the onion, the nuts and grate the carrots.
- Sauté the onion in oil until it is coloured. Add the garlic and spices and stir for a while.
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Allow to sit for about 30min in the fridge.
- Using oiled hands, shape 5 large or 7-10 small steaks and fry on a medium heat for about 3min per side, or until the surface is crispy. If you leave the steaks thick, it's important not to cook just the surface until cooked through too hot, leaving the inside raw.
You can vary the spices according to your taste. However, the steak dough is at its best when there is a generous amount of spices, so don't hesitate to use a teaspoon measure.
You can replace the tomato puree with chilli sauce or any other spicy sauce. Any nut or seed butter will do.