A lovely and colorful blueberry no-bake cake! You can prepare the no-bake cake well in advance and keep it in the freezer until it’s time to serve it.
BASE60 g almonds 60 g pecan nuts 12–15 fresh dates 3 tablespoons coconut oil a pinch of salt
FILLING190 g cashew nuts (soaked) 300 ml coconut cream 0.5 tablespoons maple syrup 2 tablespoons lemon juice 3 tablespoons coconut oil a pinch of salt 160 g blueberries 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pit the dates and mix all the ingredients in a food processor. If using a blender, first blend the dates and then crush the nuts separately. Then mix them by hand.
- Press tightly onto the bottom of the pan (18 cm) and place in the fridge to wait.
- Soak the cashew nuts soak the night before, or at least for a couple of hours.
- Scrape the coconut cream from a refrigerated can of coconut milk and melt the coconut oil until it’s runny.
- Mix all the filling ingredients except the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a smooth texture in a blender. This may take some time, depending on how powerful your blender is.
- Pour half of the filling over the base and add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Mix until even.
- Pour the rest of the filling into the pan and mix with a spoon, or make a marble pattern with a toothpick.
- You can also put a white filling into the freezer while you make the blueberry filling, and then add them in layers.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator or move directly into the freezer to wait for the big day.
TIPS FOR PREPARATION For the base, you can use any nuts, pick your favorite. Roasted sunflower seeds also taste great. For a taller cake, just double the amounts for the filling. By adding cocoa powder, berries and flavors, you can create your own layers and vary the flavors.