A tasty tikka masala is easily made from cauliflower! A vegan version of a traditional Indian dish that the whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients:1/2 tsp mustard seeds + oil for frying 2 onions 6 cloves of garlic 1 teaspoon grated ginger 1-2 tbsp garam masala 1 tsp ground coriander 1/2 teaspoon turmeric 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2-1 teaspoon salt + fresh chilli pepper, if desired 400 g cherry tomatoes 1 red pepper 400 ml coconut milk 1 handful of coriander 180 g cashew nuts 1 large cauliflower
- Heat a pan and add oil, heat mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add chopped onion, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Cook until the onion is cooked.
- Add the spices and stir for another minute.
- In a blender, add the cherry tomatoes, red pepper, coconut milk and half of the coriander.
- Add half of the cashews and the onion mixture from the pan. Puree until completely smooth
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and chop the cauliflower and the remaining cashew nuts
- Cook for about 30min or until the cauliflower is cooked
- Finely chop the remaining coriander and serve